UUCG actively promotes social justice in a several ways:
- We are a UUA-Designated Welcoming Congregation embracing LGBTQ-identified individuals equally in all aspects of our spiritual community as members, leaders, and teachers.
- We participate in the Interfaith Alliance of Eastern Carolina, begun after 9/11 by UUCG members, friends, and a former minister. The Interfaith Alliance sponsors Prayers for Peace every 4th Monday (except December) at 7 pm September – May at various congregations and often at UUCG. Prayers for Peace is followed at 7:45pm by insightful interfaith discussions. The Interfaith Alliance holds a community wide multi-faith Thanksgiving worship service every year on the Sunday afternoon before Thanksgiving.
- We also do the work of love and justice by
- Showing monthly movies—Movies that Matter (inspired by Moral Monday movement in 2014) and Classic LGBTQ Movies—to promote ethical discussions, increase awareness and insight, and reach out to diverse populations.
- Contributing our Fair Share to the UU Association of Congregations and to UCONCI.
- Providing fair compensation to our part-time staff: Choir Director, Office Assistant, and Director of Religious Education.
- Participating in ongoing, multi-faceted work to promote world peace and racial justice.